PureCalm Native Remedies Review: Mood Enhancer
Our First Impressions
We market this herbal supplement as a calming, mood enhancing remedy. Native Remedies claims that the product should be taken during times of stress or high pressure, which can be noticed with symptoms such as increased heart rate, headache, and faster breathing. The formula contains “unique and scientifically chosen selection of herbs”, which hopefully allows you to “settle rough seas and welcome calm waters”.
If you’re wondering how all of this relates to cognitive function, don’t worry because we’ve got you covered. Stress has one of the worst effects on the brain. In the long-term it can cause shrinking of the hippocampus – the hub responsible for memory – and in the short-term it can prevent learning, worsen memory capacity, hinder reasoning and slow down thinking. Also, enhanced mood leads to improved motivation, which will have you being more productive and alert during working hours. So let’s see if PureCalm actually meets its claim and is a product worth buying.
Each bottle contains 3 herbal extracts, all of which have been tested scientifically. Don’t let the short list of ingredients put you off; oftentimes the simpler the better, because a simple formula means each ingredient has a chance to actually shine through and bring result instead of hindering each other’s properties.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis): Lemon balm is rumored to have been used the goddess Diana in ancient Greek times to improve skin condition and maintain good health. On top of its relaxing properties, this herb actually contains antioxidant and antibacterial properties, making it a great choice to boost overall wellbeing. Lemon balm is often incorporated into sleep enhancing formulas because it causes the body to decompress and relax, which can induce sleep.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia): Packed with tannins, coumarins, flavonoids, triterpenoids and volatile oil. People often use it as part of ‘herbal tonics’ to cleanse the body, relieve pain and release any kind of tension. Lavender’s calming properties allows it to reduce anxiety and lower stress.
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnate): Also has calming effects. It can increase levels of GABA in the brain, which essentially slows down brain activity and puts you in a calmer state. You can use Passionflower to treat both insomnia and stress.
“I have used this product for over a year. Sometimes it works and sometimes II am not sure. I will continue to keep it on hand when I will be in stress. I would recommend a try for anyone under a lot of stress. It is a natural product with no side effects. It does not interfere with operating machinery and just makes you calmer.”
- Watts on Amazon.com
“It did not work for my son. May be because he is severe ADHD, it made him more hyper. It may work differently for somebody, but it didn’t work for him, but everybody is different and if one thing doesn’t suit somebody, something else will.”
- Yajur Maker on Amazon.com
“It doesn’t help much. I play guitar, and a steady hand with good coordination is necessary. Beta blockers ruin my coordination. I need something. that can reduce the tremors but not ruin the coordination.”
- Ed Waite on Amazon.com
Pro’s and Con’s
- Produces calming, soothing effects
- All-natural formula
- May induce sleep (if needed)
- On the pricier side
- Does not work for some people
- May cause sleepiness when used during the day
Cost and Summary of PureCalm
PureCalm Native Remedies comes in a bottle with a dropper. The standard 50 mL bottle costs around $35.06, which is a bit more expensive than other sleep-inducing formulas but isn’t too bad. They suggest to mix 10-20 drops serving in water and the bottle provides around 73 servings, which can last you over 2 months. While the formula contains 3 very good and well-known substances with relaxing properties, we worry that the product will induce sleep if taken during the day.
For those who want to relax but still feel alert and active would not do too well with this product, because its ingredients work by lowering brain activity and calming the nervous system. If you’re curious to try this product then feel free to order it online via Amazon.com or NativeRemedies.com. However, if you’re clumsy or can’t be bothered with the hassle of working with liquids then check out some of our top 5 favorite nootropic formulas – all of which come in capsule form.
Total Score: 80%
Price: $35.06 (as seen on DrugStore.com)